Abimbola Ajoke Bamgbose a 38 year old British mother travelled to Turkey to have Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.
- The operation took place at Medical Park Hospital in Izmir on Monday 17th August 2020.
- This procedure was to be carried out by Dr Hakan Aydogan plastic surgeon who specialises in Liposuction and Brazilian butt lift surgeries and the General Surgeon was Dr Ali Sarac.
What we were able to confirm is:
- Abimbola Ajoke Bamgbose has been hospitalized and kept under the intensive care unit for a month from the date 21/08/2020.
- Mrs Bamgbose had significant abdominal pain and this is stated in her medical report as abdominal distension, rebound and guarding. 4 days after her operation, on 21th August, she was seen by another specialist Prof Murat Sozbilen MD and operated on, to correct the complications after the initial operation. Ajoke stayed in ICU of Medical Park Hospital until Aug 31st
- On this date Ajoke was first declared brain dead and subsequently was declared dead.
- Our client, Abimbola Ajoke Bamgbose’s husband Mr Abimbola Ajoke Bamgbose has been looking for answers what went wrong.
- Our senior lawyer Burcu Holmgren states “ We believe Ajoke’s death is due to medical negligence. We do realize these procedures are risky however medical experts we spoke to who have reviewed her hospital records indicated her operation was not handled the way it should have been. Now a loving wife and a mother is gone, and we are looking for answers. We also want to hold people responsible accountable. Nothing will bring back Ajoke but the 1 million pound compensation claim is for her children to be able to have a future. We are confident we will prove our claim.
Some news articles regarding the case are here below…